Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Shaemus In Need.....................

Shaemus is a wonderful loving Boxer Pitt mix puppy who is in need for Knees. Shaemus belongs to a friend of mine Kim and he is the twinkle in her eye and he needs your help. His story is below..............

"Shaemus is my loving and sweet 17 month old pittie/boxer mix pup and he needs to have surgery on BOTH of his hind legs! Shaemus is a very active and rambunctious pup, and in his playtime, he tore the ACL in his hind right leg. In trying to compensate for this injury, he tore the ACL in his hind left leg now, too. He now has complete bi-lateral ACL ruptures. 
The surgeries are what's called a tibial plateu leveling osteotomy (TPLO) and his knee joints are going to be completely reconstructed to function WITHOUT an ACL. He is slated to have his first surgery on September 10, 2012. He will be given about 6 weeks of recovery before I can schedule his second surgery. He is going to need a lot of love and care during the next 6 months. He can't play, swim, run, jump, or anything active while he's recovering. He's going to need lots of physical therapy and rehabilitation that I am going to have to administer. Each leg is going to cost about $4,000, totaling around $8,000. I have only a part-time job because full-time is hard to come by at my job. I have a very good job, but I have around $500 in student loans each month, along with a car payment and credit card bills, rent and electric. I am reaching out for help from anyone who is willing to lend me a hand with Shaemus' surgeries and PT. I simply cannot afford all of this by myself. I can't just stop making all of my bills during each month, thus putting me in financial ruin, to pay for these surgeries. Shaemus is my life, my sweet little boy, the one that I so much look forward to coming home to from work each and every day. I can't wait to come home and see his sweet smile! I can't imagine my life without him now. These surgeries are very important to me; I need to keep my Shaemus by my side for the next 10-15 years! I can't bear the thought of putting him down just because of torn ACL's. This is such a fixable issue that putting him down doesn't make any sense to me. Please, help me keep my Shaemus!!"

So far Shaemus has had his first surgery and is recovering just fine but still need to have his second surgery. 
I'm asking for you to HELP Kim financially afford his surgery and treatment for a FULL recovery .

To donate please click the link below 
Shaemus Needs Knees   

No comments: